Friday, September 15, 2006

I'm in the Army now

I started the Ron Lyon's Ultimate Fitness program (a.k.a. BOOT CAMP) on July 3rd. It is an intense workout program of weight lifting, cardio, core training, and nutrition. I go every morning at 5:30-6:30 except for Sundays. It has been life changing already, and I'm just in the 11th week. I will be through with my 22 weeks December 3rd.

The week that I started my best friend Kim Voiles and her family were visiting from Virginia on their summer vacation. It wasn't gonna be easy to stay up late every night getting our visiting in and be able to get up at 4:45 every morning, but I made it. It also was difficult to eat right since we were celebrating and eating out mucho, but I made it. I'm so glad Chris and Kim were there for me that first week. It was comforting to know that they would be up when I got home wanting to hear all about it, and do my measurements! I had been praying for God to help me be morning person and it's happening! Now don't get me wrong I still love my sleep and love being up at night, but I get so much done now earlier in the day. Now I didn't do this to become a morning person...I did it to loose weight! As of today I have lost 181/2 pounds and lot's of inches. In fact it's been something new to have to get used to is not worrying so much about the scale moving as how my clothes fit. Since I'm gaining muscle the scale isn't going to move as much. I still have a long way to go, but I didn't put this on in 22 weeks...more like 12 years. Earlier this week Ron made us go around to each of the 15 people in the group and shake their hand, look them in the eye, and say..."I WILL SUCCEED!" This was VERY meaningful for me, cause I've tried so many things, so many times to get healthy. This is it finally for me, and I feel such a freedom to be able to be doing this right now.

Last year I was PTA president and just running crazy with all of my stuff and kid's school and activities going on. Marv and I sat down and realized that we weren't living life with purpose. So I stepped down from my pta position, and didn't sign up for anything else so that I could make getting healthy my key purpose and job this year. I love my sweet husband for supporting me, and allowing me to get my STUFF together! I also love, love, love my 3 biggest cheerleaders Jeffrey, Jacob, and Julia for their enthusiasm for letting me know when they think my bottom is getting smaller. They remind me what IS and ISN'T healthy to eat, and maybe they do have a little incentive (a pool) if I loose the 80 pounds that I need to loose. "PUT DOWN THE DOUGHNUTS MOMMA!!" It's been fun, and truly humbling to know that my family still loves me no matter what size I am, but how much fun is life when you have the peace and freedom of living in a healthy body! I will post some pictures soon to show progress, and for sure show the before and afters one day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tiffany, I'm so proud of you for sticking with it. I imagine this might be one of the hardest things you've had to do, I don't know. But your determination to change your body is inspirational. Can't wait to see pics!
Love,
Boog

Tiffany said...

You are looking pretty awesome after just have a baby yourself cous!