Monday, September 11, 2006

DeDe's 2nd birthday




Happy Birthday to our little 2 year old Boston terrier! DeDe (a.k.a. Deeds) is our favorite pet ever! We've been through several dogs to get to her, but it was worth it. She does still have a barking issue with STRANGERS, but we're working the Ceasar's Way method with her and she is getting soooooo much better! Marv and I did not grow up with inside pets of any kind...well there was that one fish that I fed too much because we were leaving for vacation and I didn't want it to get hungry. Needless to say there were so many flakes on the surface of the water that the fish couldn't even float when it died much less get air! You live and you learn right? Anyway Marv and I had a dog named Jake our second year of marriage...we forgot to feed him, or he was stolen...not sure what happened there. Then we got a HUGE mut dog from the HEB parking lot in Cleburne for $5 named Chester (for our friends in Virginia). He was awesome and beautiful, but each time I would take him to the vet they just kept saying what kind of dog is this? He was 70+ pounds with in the first few months. Chester I'm pretty sure was really a horse. We had to give him to a family who had a 100 acre place out in the country when we moved. Shortly after we moved here we bought our first EXPENSIVE/pure bred dog....Oscar the miniature Dachshund. Oscar, oscar, oscar....what can I say. It was our first attempt at house training and crate training. It just didn't go well, and he liked to bite my kiddos. Should've known better to buy it from the place we bought it...but again you live and you....Oscar went to stay with Aunt Michelle while we were away on vacation and well let's just say that she had to remove him from their property due to a freakish episode during a thunderstorm, etc... and we haven't seen him since. The kids were some what relieved and you know I was! Thanks Michelle for doing my dirty work!

Deeds has been the first dog that we have successfully house train, taught some commands, and have really just loved as a true part of the family. She's doing well to be in her teen-age years. We look forward to many more happy memories with her! Marv wishes he could teach her to bird hunt, but I don't trust him around her with a gun! He would love to have a lab! Not really! Marv loves DeDe more than all of us put together! The pictures are of Dede as double dip eating a pooch cone for her birthday. She such a great little traveler...it's all most like having 4 kids!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tiff, it's so cool to keep in touch with you this way. I'm so glad you write alot cuz I find myself in front of the computer alot while I nurse Noah :) It makes the time go by quickly. I have you bookmarked in my Blogs folder and check your page frequently for new posts. Thanks so much for sharing!!!
Love, Boog