Friday, September 29, 2006

Counting my Blessings

Well we made it through the week and now have a three day weekend to recoup before it all gets going again! Although we do have....you guessed it MATH homework for the weekend along with some science. Can't we just have a little break? I had a friend give me an article today out of the Dallas Morning News about homework. Wish we could rise up as a group of parents and get some changes made on the amount of homework if any! Okay I'll get off this soap box, but not before giving God the glory for all the neat ways that he has answered my prayers this week through so many sweet people in our life...

1) My baby sister Amy who happened to call right in the middle of our first night of math homework!
2) Jody Clark-our new math tutor, and happens to KNOW Jeffrey's math teacher.
3) Friends who have offered wisdom, and ideas, and prayers for us.
4) New friend made today in bible study, Cheryl and her 7th grade son who loves to helping his peers with math!

It has been so amazing to me that God has worked out all the details to get us through this little challenge, and I just love it when he cares for us in the ways that we don't and can't even think of. It's all gonna be okay!!!

On a different note I have had to miss a couple of days of working out with Marv being out of town and my busy schedule, but tomorrow I will be meeting up with a group from the gym and running (well walking fast mainly) a 5K with them all. Ron had shirts made up for us to wear as a group and will help give him some advertisement for his fitness program. It should be fun, and hopefully easy compared to the 1/2 marathon that I did a couple of years ago!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Please tell me you did not just refer to a 5K as "easy". Girl, you crazy! I get a little winded walking to the end of my sidewalk to check the mail. You go, sister!

Tiffany said...

Oh yes I said easier meaning easier than 16.5 miles! I did the 5K on Saturday in 40 minutes! My very first 5K I ran/walked was in the cold rain, uphill, and I finished it in 56 minutes! That's pretty cool huh! I took 16 minutes off my time...course it was flat, sunny, and a nice breeze blowing. I think my new muscles in my legs helped some too!

You could do it too if you trained and worked up to it. You should try it...it's really great to feel like you accomplished something before most people were even up! I did come straight home, showered, and jumped back in bed though!

Kim said...

Tiff, that's awesome! You keep going and maybe we can plan on the Hawaii Marathon one day!!! It *CAN* be done.