Friday, September 01, 2006

Dove season



I think this time of year is bitter-sweet for me...I grew up in a family full of gun-slingin' hunters, but it's just hard to know my babies are out there killing precious innocent doves with their daddy! I'm so glad they are having their male bonding time...getting all grubby and stuff out in the wilderness. Marv got a couple of other dads and their 11 year old sons to join them, so I'm sure they are gonna have a ball at the Cisco Motor Inn! Julia and I are loving just staying home and catching up on some chick flicks. We got a call this morning saying that they got 7 birds this morning and that Marv wouldn't let Jeffrey claim the one he SHOT OUT OF THE AIR (WOW SON!) until he picked it up all bloody and twisted it's little neck to make sure it went quickly! Jacob hasn't actually shot yet, but Marv taught him how to help the bird go to heaven too! How is this okay? We don't NEED the meat cause we've got a freezer full of deer and hog meat from last season...any takers? We have a pair of doves, or should I say a dove couple, who live in our landscaping. I hear them coo and everything and just see them hanging out there loving life. If I can just keep them from flying across the road to the country then hopefully I will have saved at least these two little peaceful creatures!

No comments: