Monday, August 28, 2006

Women of Faith/Girls weekend






I had a great time celebrating my birthday this weekend at Women of Faith since it fell on my birthday. My friend Jennifer and I went early on Friday morning to the Bliss spa at the W and had a relaxing massage and facial. This hotel opened two months ago and was right across the street from the American Airlines center so it was nice to not have to fight traffic.

We were then joined by our good friends Nicole and Gina and had a quick late lunch in the living room area of the hotel where the walls would change colors. The motto for the hotel was WHATEVER WHENEVER. Pretty cool if that would REALLY be possible. We tried to see if the bellman would give Jennifer his socks since she forgot to bring some for Saturday, but they were sweaty and he said no. We wanted to eat at the Craft restaurant, but they weren't serving at 3 in the afternoon. So I guess it's a good thing we didn't get too spoiled to whatever whenever, or life would've been harder to return to once we got home! NO really it was a lovely and a very mod kinda hotel. The bottles of water were glass and cylinder-very modern and different looking. The pool area was neat as you may be able to see from the pictures.

The conference was fun and inspiring as always. I love to laugh, but after about 24 hours of it you are just PLUM exhausted! The same awesome ladies spoke that do every year, but this year was neat to also hear from Max Lucado, Sandi Patti-loved her song WE SHALL BEHOLD HIM with a precious angel from heaven, who had down-syndrome, who signed the song while she sang, Natalie Grant...an amazing singer, and Robin McGraw (Dr. Phil's wife). This was only Robin's 2nd time to speak in front of a large crowd like this so she did pretty well with reading the prompters, but seemed to be pretty surface and general. I was hoping to really hear her heart, but was pretty sad that she wasn't more real and on fire. The coolest part was when DR. PHIL came up on stage and surprised Robin (she thought he wasn't there) and said a few words to us. It was hilarious to see all the cameras start flashing when he came up there. He said that since she had walked him off the stage from day one of his show for the last 4 years that he had to make sure and walk her off. Pretty sappy sweet! I hope that if she does begin to speak on this women of faith tour that the original women will rub off on her and help her acknowledge the real power of Jesus and get off the worldly, politically correct, nambie pambie subjects. Man God could really use their huge platform in a mighty way!

Well happy birthday to me and 40 is coming in loud and clear with each day! Thanks to my good buddies, and my awesome hubby who helped me have a relaxing day and great girls weekend!

3 comments:

cori said...

Happy Birthday and Anniversary, Tiffany. It's good to hear from you! Sounds like you've had an awesome summer. So, how'd you find your way into the blogging community? I absolutely love it. It's a great way to keep family up to date and also for me to remember these years that are flying by too quickly. Yes, we did move...far away...I'd love to tell you more. My email is corimallott@aol.com

Talk to you soon,
Cori

Kim said...

It kinda sorta a little bit maybe looks like your cheatin' on me with that girl in the robe. I SHOULD OF BEEN THERE! No, really I am glad you had fun on your birthday even without me. I really liked last years gift better!!!! Love you Tiffy and Happy Birthday you old coot!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a relaxing and fun-filled weekend.

Love, Michelle