Monday, August 21, 2006

Gettin' my nails did with PRIMETIME!


Well it started out an ordinary day just doing the usual...breakfast dishes, startin' some laundry, picking up here and there, helping out with some pta stuff, and then running around doing some errands when I decided that with meet the teacher night, anniversary, and a birthday girls weekend at Women of Faith this week I should go get a long over-do pedicure. So I head to my normal place Nails Now and slip into one of their nice new massaging chairs that make your body stick out all over the place as it rolls up and down your back (not real flattering!) and close my eyes to enjoy just sitting for a little while. It was a fairly slow day, and just a few other ladies coming and going around me when I notice this black dude come in with a white bandana on his head. Now I have seen a couple of men there before, and even a couple of teen-age guys(what is this world coming to you ask-well it's worth hiding your manly pride for a few minutes of relaxation!) I immediately recognize him and wanted to say hey Michael, but instead I texted Marv who I knew was in a lunch meeting and let him know that I was getting my nails did right across from Michael Irving. He called me back fairly quickly and asked me what swank place was I in to be sharing such company and as if he was gonna come in there himself and stick his toes in the water with me just so he could see. He then asked me if it wasn't Michael, but Deion...of course that's who he was. I all most snapped a picture with my cell phone, but didn't want to be a paparazzi-type stalker. So I just sat there gazing and watching as all the little workers were surrounding him. Needless to say I was hoping he would pay for all our tabs as a kind Dallas Cowboy gesture, but it didn't happen. By the way he wasn't as big as I thought he would be, but for sure had super long fingers for catching the football. He lives just north of Frisco and is often sighted all around town. Next time I will try and ask for an autograph reminding him that I didn't bother him the first time I saw him! Think it will work?

2 comments:

Kim said...

Girl, I can't believe you didn't snap a picture of Deion! I know men get their nails done (no self-respecting man of mine) but hey to each their own! love ya girlie :)

Tiffany said...

I went back to get a nail that was chipped fixed and asked him if that was Deion just to make sure...he said yes and that he and his wife come in there all the time. My guy, Alan, said that his wife is one of his customers! Pretty cool! I wonder if she tips more?!