Saturday, August 26, 2006

Love, Sweat, and 15 YEARS!!!




Happy Anniversary to us! It's been 15 years now as of August 24th. What a hot day that was back in '91! I'll never forget all the fun, sweat, family, sweat, friends, sweat, and precious memories (sweat) made on that day! It was a day for having my hair up for coolness-which I did not- and for having my train pinned up in the back after the ceremony-which I did for all of about 10 seconds! Marv accidently stepped on it and ripped the snaps off, so I had to wrap it around my arm so that I could get around to try and see everyone. I also was reminded by one of my college buddies, Audra, about how her mom had to sew me into the dress after she tried to zip it up and the zipper broke. She found Marv and asked him if he had a knife with him cause he would NEED it later! Let's just say that birdseed... when stuck in a wedding gown full of SWEAT... isn't a pretty thing! : )

I think looking back that I was suppossed to learn from all of the experiences that day that marriage can be full of joy, sweat, and little set backs in life that can either be scoffed at or laughed at. We try to enjoy every day to it's fullest, and I can say so far every day of the last 15 years have been worth it. Good and not so good! I love you Marvin Jolly and will shout it from the roof tops in this bloggers world! I'm so thankful to God for blessing me with the best hubby in the world!

3 comments:

Kim said...

We are right behind ya sister, in two months! WOW, I can't believe where God has taken us, our marriages, and our families. I wouldn't want to go through some of those days again, but I am so grateful for the Lord's provision and how these years have shaped who we are. Congrats to you and Marv! We love you guys :)

Unknown said...

Okay, I want you to email me so we can talk about Robin McGraw as the speaker. I want to tell you what I thought after thinking about it for a while. farmorethanrubies@sbcglobal.net

I'm gonna come back and read your post!!! :) I have to go to bed before I fall over!

Unknown said...

Okay I am about to go to bed so I will come back and read your post in the morning. But I had to tell you that you must email me so we can talk about WOF/Robin McGraw. I have thought a lot about this.
farmorethanrubies@sbcglobal.net

I have no idea if this comment will post. Blogger is on the blink! Imagine that?!!