Monday, November 20, 2006

The good old days

We had the best time going back for Howard Payne's homecoming weekend and seeing my roommate Audra and her hubby Daniel and kids! It was the first time that we have ever taken our kids to see where it all started for Marv and me! What a fun day of remembering....
We met the DeVinney's at our favorite place to eat as students in Brownwood....Underwood's BBQ!
Julia and Madeline are discussing how they will decorate their room when they come to HPU!!! They hit it off really well!

I saved my cheat meal for the week for Underwood's and man was it worth it!

Marv and I first sat next to each other at a concert on the first weekend of fish camp. I never could have dreamed that our three wonderful kiddos would be sitting on the same steps all most 20 years later!

Marv's dorm was Jennings Hall. I used to throw rocks at his window to get him to come down and meet me....before cell phones y'all! Man that makes me sound and feel old!


I lived right across the street in Veda Hodge Hall! The same dorm that my own mom lived in when she was in college! Did I mention that my parents also met at HPU back in the late 60's?


This is a new gate that blocks off the main drag down the middle of the campus.

The top 3rd floor balcony of the Presidents Mansion is where Marv proposed to me with his roommate Asa's help! It's a long story, but a great one! This happens to be my other roommates home (Julie Newbury~her dad was the pres.) We also met for the very first time in the president's student apartment that is in the backyard of this home! How ironic is that. We just realized that as we were standing to let Jeffrey take this picture for us! God's plans are so neat!

Sting 'em Jackets!

Wonder if he will meet his future mate in this very spot in a few years!

Our very first home....married students housing. We loved our little duplex! The yard looks exactly the same as it did 15 years ago!!!

Tiff and Audra....we missed you Julie and Brian!


Marv and I used to walk down this sidewalk to class, etc....

The first time we ever kissed was in this very spot! WAWOW!!!

Marv would walk me to the bottom of the stairs to say good-night. I also kept him waiting many minutes over the three years that we would be on our way to dinner, class, or a date!!!

No comments: