Monday, April 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Julia Sage





















Julia is ocho today!

We have been celebrating pretty much since Friday, and after lunch and doughnuts at school tomorrow we will officially be through with the four days of celebrations! Julia had her first real slumber party last night, and I have to say that all 9 girls got some sleep, got along, and didn't get too sick from all the goodies that are consumed during one of these types of parties! The big presents this year were all the littlest pet shop toys that she got, teacher stuff to play school with, and neat stuffed animals, robe, the whole set of Narnia books from Nana and Papa, and a Hannah Montana cd from the brothers!

Julia's party was done in a simple pink and yellow theme with cupcakes made special from momma (big deal for me!) We had pizza followed by the lighting of the cupcake tree, then birthday song. The girls then decorated a picture frame with stamps (I will send later with picture taken with Julia along with thank you note). The silly string fight never last long, but does take up some time to clean up...I mean....see who can make the biggest silly string ball by picking up all the mess!!! Of course in the end they put all the balls together and made a huge silly string ball for a fun picture! They jumped on trampoline, watched movies, had lot's of snacks, and got to sleep before midnight...I'm pretty sure! The next morning when they woke up and came down for breakfast they all had their party favors waiting for them downstairs in living room...all most like Christmas morning!!! I got a great idea from Julia's teacher to go to Home Depot and cut a dry erase board into smaller sizes...well they each got a pretty good sized board...and you can tell from the pics Julia's board is huge!!! They each had a dry erase marker, eraser, and some candy in the baskets as well. Cheap, fun, and so easy!!!

This morning we woke up to the traditional number pancake to make it official, and opened a few more gifts....a real live webkin from her Grandma Jolly. She was so surprised to open that gift cause we had been telling her for the last few weeks now that they were all sold out! Grandma was her hero cause she got it well over a month ago not even knowing how hot of an item she had gotten her hands on! Way to go Grandma! I have to say it is a really neat little idea of stuffed animal and technology. Today, April 29, also happens to be their 2nd anniversary! So that was special to Julia to share her birthday with her new little terrier webkin!

I'll never forget the day you were born Julia! I wasn't sure what I was going to do with a little girl, but I have to say you have taught me great things, and it's been a blast! I'm so thankful to have someone to share all the girly things with, and pass on my love for being a mommy to. Thank you for the way you share life with all those around you. I will never be the same because of this deep sisterhood in Christ that I have with you. I love that you have a heart for our Lord. I know that as you seek his word, and continue to be real and transparent with Him..you will grow and be blessed as you bless others through your writing and fearless way of living this life with spunk!

pound pound peace!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Julia! You are growing up so fast.

I love you,

Aunt Mosh

Kim said...

Happy Birthday sweet Julia! Your party looked fantastic!!!! Wish we could be have been there. You are so very loved. God has truly blessed your family and I love being a part of your lives.