Tuesday, April 17, 2007

If Mamma is sick...

Well I finally went to the doc yesterday after feeling just plum rotten since last Thursday evening! It was nice to not have much this weekend so that I could rest, drink major amounts of water, and live on motrin. I was so hoping to just let my body heal itself, but as much as I hate going to the doctor...I finally broke down and was sure that I had some weird, horrible disease that nobody has ever heard of...cause that's how yucky I felt! Turns out it was just a sinus infection. Got a shot in the hiney, and sent off to CVS to get my antibiotic. I'm feeling a little better, but after being shut up in the house for three solid days it was rough doing car pool and our Monday madness of piano, guitar, and dance lessons. Of course daddy who usually meets us at Sonic on Monday nights and takes the boys to music lessons in the middle of all the running was playing in a golf tournament for Rotary yesterday so that meant even more back and forth crazy driving up and down Preston for me. I made it though and am going to get back to real life today!

Boys are doing TAKS test today and tomorrow, so I got up and cooked up a huge breakfast (Leta Mae style-Marv calls it!) for the young uns that for sure will give them all the brain power they need to ace the test! The best thing about TAKS week for the kids and for me is....NO HOMEWORK!!! So that means they can climb that tree, play more songs on piano, trombone, guitar, jump higher on the trampoline, ride bikes, dig in the sand, whatever they feel like doing outdoors! I wonder if I ever did homeschool...how could I be disciplined and make them come down out of the trees to learn? I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing my kiddos up in the tippy top branches of our trees! I'm sure that would get old some day...it's a thought...

Hey Dad, Mom, Michelle, and Amy...I loved our 5 way conversation the other night! We gotta do that more often! I think we were on the phone for like 2 hours! Too fun, and lot's of great deep thoughts!!! Let's all get together soon at the nearest camp ground...I would feel safer having us all around to endure....I mean enjoy the fun together!

Y'all have a super Tuesday, and get those taxes in!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Tree climbing counts as P.E.

I'm glad your feeling a little bit better. Hope today is on the upswing. Love you.