Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Marv and his fine china



Okay there are only 11 cups here...I think one is in the dish washer...and I am having trouble getting my pics to sit up straight!!! UGH :)


My man cracks me up! He is so obsessed with everything country, and has been probably since he was born, but went through a time when he seemed to be content with the good ole concrete city life...about 3 years ago Marv started voicing a need, want, dream, and big desire to move back to the country with horses, land, tractors, ATVs, fish ponds, barns, and even stickers!!! He misses the experiences that he had growing up raising all kinds of animals. Most people don't realize what a true country boy he is. I remember when we first meet comparing how we each grew up out in the boons and although thankful didn't really think that we would end up there again. Well as they say you can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy. When Marv got his pick up truck he started itchin' for a horse trailer to pull behind it (ever heard of the book if you give a mouse a cookie?). Well we don't have the trailer yet, or even the horse to put in it, but we are praying hard about that!!! SOMEDAY!!!!

Marv's other favorite thing in life other than God, family, and his truck is BBQ! And not just any BBQ, but CHEAP BBQ at Dickie's!!! He LOVES LOVES LOVES the "fine china" (a.k.a. big, free, yellow cups) that we collect from each Sunday meal that we have there. He pointed out to me just yesterday that we now officially have a whole set of 12 of HIS fine china. He was seriously overjoyed by this!!! I'm so thankful it doesn't take much to make this man of mine happy.

I love you babe and I know that God will reveal his plan for our future in the country!!! Until then we will just keep on watching old westerns and dreaming of the day our dreams will come true! wink wink

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI - We're 'registered' at Dickies . . . always can use a few more pices of fine china. . . I recommend the rib plate, sweet sauce, okra, jalapeno beans, and as many rolls as you can get by with.. . . don't forget, kids eat free on Sunday!!!! Marv

Kim said...

We still have our Dickies cup. Sam uses it in the bathtub everynight.

Marv- I love that place too :)