Friday, May 11, 2007

Field Trip to Sharkarosa









Today the second graders went on a field trip to a place in Pilot Point called Sharkarosa. It was possibly gonna rain today, but it turned out to be a beautiful dry and sunny day! I didn't go since I've been doing my real estate courses this week...bummer! But Marv did get to go! He took the day off to be with her and get out into the country. Mrs. Slomosky was very thankful to have a dad going since her group of boys can get a little rowdy. Julia was just glad that Marv decided to put her before his work for this fun day in the outdoors. I love you Marv for being the most amazing dad to our three precious babies!!!

The drive is just amazing!!!! Rolling hills, trees, and country (we drove through there on our way to camp in Oklahoma) so you know Marv was in heaven just getting to be one with nature in his truck! Some how he took all the dirt roads home so it took him alot longer to get home than it took the buses to make it home! He's got the country fever bad y'all!

I forgot to send the camera, but I know if this one mom goes... there will always be some excellent pictures coming my way...she is a great photographer and sure enough had some pictures emailed to me within an hour after school today! Thanks Cyndy!!!






There were all kinds of neat wild animals there, and from the pictures it looks like Julia and Marv made friends with a camel! I love all the fun faces that Julia is making as they are trying to get just one decent picture! Can't you just see the little thoughts buzzin' through her freckled faced brain as she tries to not be too concerned with where the camel is!

I'm so thankful for fun days like this...great memories are made and time away from the worksheets are awesome! Glad y'all had fun Marv and Julia...momma will make sure and make it next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought all camels were named Sally and had ....5 humps, or 4 humps, or 3 humps...., but this one was Cletus and he likes to eat hats (see last pic)...we had a REALLy fun time, expecially in the John Deere 'Crazy Train' ! Marv

Kim said...

I love these pictures! Looks like they had a wonderful day (weather included)

I used to have a friend in Pilot Point. It was the boonies back then!