Monday, May 07, 2007

Great Weekend












Well we are finishing off a wonderful three day weekend! The kids had off today I guess for a teacher's work day, or something....I'm not sure, but who cares.....we got the day off! Saturday we all got up fairly early and had cinnamon rolls before the boys headed off to work in some yards to help Jeffrey raise money for the youth mission trip to New York this summer. Julia and I stayed home in our pj's and caught up on dancing with the stars, and american idol...we like them all, but hope Blake will win even though Jordin is getting big votes from the Keller Williams group since her parents are KW agents. Julia and I then got done up to go and sign up for my correspondence classes through the Champions real estate school! I'm so excited to finally have the time and dough to get these classes done....once I finish the five courses then all that's left is to take the state exam! I'm already all most done with one of the classes after just getting started Saturday night! The classes that I have been taking at Marv's office the past 5 weeks have really taught me so much and will help greatly with these classes! I will be able to do this and still be the momma that I want so I can't wait to get started. It will be so much fun to help my friends, family, and clients find the home of their dreams!

The boys came home after stopping off at Lowe's to get some supplies to fix a towel rack, stopped up tub, and toilet paper holder and watched some rented John Wayne movies....the girls were super happy to have something better to do and not have to get in on that one! Julia and I went to see K'lee McKinney's dance recital....fun and man are they good! We had fun singing Hannah Montana and stopping off for a bite at our all time favorite...Sonic!

Sunday was a wonderful day of worship and family time. Jacob and Julia had their choir musical..KINGDOM QUEST. It was a musical about putting on the full armor of God. Jacob had two solos and Julia was on the dance team. They both did super and really enjoyed the choir this year. We came home and caught up on some planet earth on tv...if you haven't seen this on discovery channel...check it out....God's creation IS so amazing!!!

Monday...today....we slept till all most the crack of noon when our eyeballs were just about poppin' out of our head and our tummies and backs were hurting from all the deep breathing! It was good to catch up on much needed rest! Daddy made us awesome waffles which we drown in peanut butter and syrup! We then caught up on laundry and watched Flicka...makes us want horses soooo bad! Someday! Kids still had piano, guitar, and dance lessons so from 3:30 on it felt like a normal Monday. Marv just got home from trying out a BSF bible study...he is gonna start next fall and try and do all 7 years...I may just have to join him....sounds really great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is good. So proud of our kids and so thankful to the Lord for giving them to us! Marv