Sunday, December 30, 2007

We are on the Move


Well this is it for a while! We have been fixin' up a fixer upper out in the country about an hour from where we live now. Marv found this home in some major need of help and tender loving back in March. It was a foreclosure and also had been worked over by the people who lived there before and the elements of the land. Yes I said land...it's on 10 acres and only has about 5 trees on it. Which means lots of wind, but the breezes are nice out on the porch and we hope to be able to cut down on the a/c that way.

We bought the place and closed in September, and started demolition at the beginning of October. Of course between homeschooling, our cruise, and life in general it's been a slow go some weeks. We have not had to do it all ourselves, although have ended up doing alot more than we intended since the budget didn't quite cover all the pop up surprises along the way.

I wish I could show you pictures right now, but my camera would take hours to load all the pictures I have taken! I promise as soon as I get back on line to share the process from beginning to end and let you oooh and ahhh at this little gem of a home we have found.

I am sad to be leaving Frisco...our home of 6+years, but we will be near, and continue to stay involved in sports and dance for now here. Marv will also have quite a drive each day, but he says it is worth it! I'm glad he is happy and has found peace here where the sunsets are amazing and the work is long and hard...just what the doctor order to keep us healthy!

No comments: